Donations & Grants
”I have an ongoing dream that those who want to work with me can – regardless of finances” – Laura Washington, ND
Donations and grants are used to provide naturopathic and energy healing sessions and yoga classes. Access to resources such as these, supporting health and well-being, should be available to all. Luminance Yoga Classes are offered at the greatly discounted rate of $5/class to make them accessible to all who would like to participate. As even $5 is more than some can afford, I also provide a coupon code for students to participate for free. This donation/grants page exists to help make services available to more people and to share how these donations and grants are used.
Thank you so much for your support!
100% of your donation is used to provide health and wellness services to someone who otherwise would not have access to these resources. Your donation is greatly appreciated and will be used well!
How are Donations and Grants Used?
In 2020 I received $12,500 in grants from the Portland Small Business Relief Fund. With it I chose to offer at least an equivalent amount in services. As of December 31, 2020, I have provided $9,572 in free and discounted services. Below is a breakdown of those services.
- Total Appointments – 77
- Of those 76 appointments 10 were New Client Appointments
- 5 BIPOC (black, indigenous, and other people of color)
- 1 PLWD (people living with disabilities)
- 67 sessions were Follow Up Appointments
- 10 BIPOC (black, indigenous, and other people of color)
- 25 PLWD (people living with disabilities)
Recipients of grant supported services have also included people who have lost their jobs due to the 2020 pandemic, have domestic insecurity, and families. If you are interested in receiving grant supported services please contact me!
2021 Update – In the first half of 2021 I have continued to offer grant supported services to people in the community for whom these services are otherwise out of reach. As of June 30th 2021 I have provided $3,760 in free and discounted services.
- Total Appointments – 32
- Of those 16 appointments 2 were New Client Appointments
- 30 sessions were Follow Up Appointments
- 15 PLWD (people living with disabilities)
- 2 BIPOC (black, indigenous, and other people of color)
I also continue to offer a coupon code to be used for free classes. If you are wanting to take a class and cannot afford the $5 fee please use the code VIRTUALYOGA on checkout!