“Luminance Yoga is an opportunity to gather your energy back into you and cultivate an inner clarity from which to live.” -Laura Washington, ND
Welcome to Luminance Yoga with Laura Washington ND. Classes are slowly paced and breath focused so that you can find your center and move from there – greatly discounted at $5 each to make this yoga as accessible as possible.
Join Me for Live Online Yoga Classes
How do I buy a package of classes instead of paying for one at time?
At the top of this page, underneath the photo, you will see “Join Me for Live Online Yoga Classes”. Below that, and above “Choose Appointment” you will see a blue link that says “View Products and Packages”. Click on that link which will reveal the class package options.
How do I sign up for class with a pre-paid package?
1) One way Is from your receipt from purchasing the class package (If you can’t find it do a search under “Acuity”). In it you will see a blue underlined “schedule”. When you click that you can schedule classes and it will apply your pre-payment.
2) If you go to my yoga page http://luminanceportland.com/yoga/ and click “Sign Up” for a class – on the next page near the “Pay Now” button it says “Redeem a Coupon or Code”. If you click on that it will ask you to enter either the coupon code or your email address (in which case it will bring up the coupon code automatically).
Can I schedule more than one class at a time?
Yes! Here are the details.
- From the Luminance yoga page scroll all the way down to the bottom in the teal colored area where it says “Join a Zoom Class”. Click the button that says “Sign up Now”.
- This takes you to the scheduling page. Here scroll down to “Classes” and click on the class you want to schedule i.e. Yoga with Laura – 75 minutes. Click on the class time you want to take i.e Monday 6:15pm. At that point you will see options. If you want to schedule every Monday at 6:15pm select “Recurring”. A window pops up that allows you to pick how many times you want to repeat this class i.e 4 weeks, 6 weeks etc. Click “Add Recurring Times” and follow the instructions to finish.
- The other option is as you pick a class time choose “continue” which allows you to pick a second class…and a third…and so on. Each class can be a different day and time. Play around with it!
- Note that there are different classes listed on the scheduling page i.e Yoga with Laura – 75 minutes, yoga re-set – 50 minutes, Restorative Yoga, and Luminations. you will choose one of those types and schedule as many as you would like. Then you have to go back to the scheduling page to choose another class type to schedule.
What do I do if I signed up for a class but cannot attend it?
If you cannot attend a class that you have signed up for, follow these instructions. Go to your confirmation email. Click the blue button that says “Change/Cancel your Appointment” On the next page click either the blue button that says “Cancel” or the one labeled “Reschedule” as you prefer. If you choose to cancel, the payment will remain available for you to use next time you sign up for a class.
If you cannot find your confirmation email I suggest searching your emails for “Acuity”.
What if I did not receive a link to join class?
If you did not receive an email to join class there are a few thing to check.
- It is possible that you purchased a class package but did not actually sign up for a class. So the receipt you received was for your payment – it does not include the link for class. To sign up for each class that you want to attend go to that date on my website http://luminanceportland.com/yoga/ and click “Sign In”. From there you can use your pre-paid classes, and you will receive a link to join the class.
- It is also possible that the email went to your SPAM or Junk folder. Check them – entering “Acuity” into the search bar.
What if two of us will be joining class from one computer?
Can I join class late?
15 minutes into class I will “lock the meeting” which means you cannot enter after that.
Laura discovered yoga and meditation in the late 1980′s as a source of relief from her chronic back pain. As a dancer and movement instructor it was natural to enter teacher training and she began teaching in 1990.
Laura invested 25 years in consistent spiritual practice in Indian and Tibetan traditions. Her teaching is influenced by this in-depth spiritual practice, her personal journey towards health, studies in dance, kinesiology, naturopathic and energy medicine.
Laura’s classes are a great choice for those working with injury, pain, or physical limitation as well as for those wanting the experience of meditation within the context of a movement practice. The class environment supports you in expanding your experience of who you are.
Here’s what others say about yoga with Laura…
Laura is a skilled and compassionate teacher, and her love of yoga is inspiring. If I am tired when I arrive, I leave her class feeling energized. If I arrive feeling stressed, I leave calm. Although I’ve practiced with Laura for many years, I still learn something new from her each class. Laura provides imaginative and accessible cues to poses and demonstrates that laughter and asana go hand in hand. She instills in her students an appreciation of our breath and how we can use it to experience depth and expansiveness in our practice. I highly recommend Laura’s classes to yoga students at every level!Robyn, January 2012
Studying yoga with Laura is one important way that I help myself stay healthy. Her classes are gentle and breath focused, and she fosters a very positive atmosphere. The asanas and stretches that she teaches are targeted and effective, and by the end of class I’m always less ‘stuck’ and ready for the rest of the day.Nancy Davis, November 2011
Your class saved me today— it was nothing short of amazing and so are you! Every stretch felt like it was gently coaxing my body and particularly those back muscles to release. I thought maybe the pain would come back before the end of the day, but 12 hours later and I am still fine. I am sure there is a great Sanskrit phrase to say this properly but thank you thank you thank you!Wendy, December 2011